- Forgotten PIN / PUK Codes
- My Handset is Locked
- Where can I buy a GT Mobile SIM or Top-up My Balance?
- What is My GT Mobile?
- Where can I find my GT Mobile number?
- Can I keep / transfer my existing mobile number?
- Are there any monthly or hidden charges?
- How do I contact someone if I have a problem?
- How can I stop receiving unwanted texts or SPAM?
- Why is there a flashing envelope on my mobile?
- Where can I buy GT Mobile?
- How do I make an international call with GT Mobile?
- How do I send a text message from UK to another country with GT Mobile
- What mobile handsets can I use with GT Mobile?
- My handset seems to be locked
- I have not used my GT Mobile for a while and it has now stopped working. Why is this?
- My SIM card is lost/ stolen. How do I prevent someone else from using it?
- Can I send Premium SMS and make Premium Calls Using GT Mobile?
- How much does it cost to access the voicemail?
- How do i activate roaming facility using GT Mobile?
- What is the Auto top-up and how does it work?
- How do i set up Auto top-up?
Forgotten PIN / PUK Codes
If you have activated your SIM PIN code and then enter the wrong PIN code into your GT Mobile three times your SIM card will automatically lock. In this case you must enter your PUK code.
Your PUK code is displayed on the SIM card holder that came in your starter pack. Please retain it for safe keeping.
If you have already joined My GT Mobile you can also find your PUK code displayed there – click here to login.
If not please call our Customer Services team on 0207 1320303 and they will be happy to help you.
Click here to find out our charges when you are calling us.
My Handset is Locked
If your SIM does not work when you first enter it into your mobile, it may have a SIM lock. If you have been with your current provider for more than 1 year this lock can be removed for free, please contact your current provider directly to request the code which will allow you to remove your SIM lock.
If you have had your handset for less than one year you should ask your handset provider how much it will cost to remove the SIM lock.
Where can I buy a GT Mobile SIM or Top-up My Balance?
You can purchase GT Mobile SIM & Top-up vouchers at various locations. To find your nearest location, click here
What is My GT Mobile?
My GT Mobile is a way of monitoring your calls and texts online. You can join from this website and gain access to lots of useful tools. Join today and you'll earn £2 of FREE credit too. Find out more about My GT Mobile.
Where can I find my GT Mobile number?
Once you've inserted your new GT Mobile-SIM, you can view the number by dialling *132# (or 97#). The number will also be available on the SIM packaging.
Can I keep / transfer my existing mobile number?
Yes you can. You just need to follow a few simple steps to keep your old number:
- Call your existing network provider and ask for your PAC code.
- Call GT Mobile Customer Care from your mobile on 322 or a landline on 0207 1320303.
- Give us your PAC code and the new GT Mobile number.
- We'll talk you through the final steps to keeping your old mobile number.
Click here to find out our charges when you are calling us.
Are there any monthly or hidden charges?
How do I contact someone if I have a problem?
Visit our Contact us page for full details of the various ways you can get in touch with us.
How can I stop receiving unwanted texts or SPAM?
When you receive a text from a company you have not given your number to, this is called SPAM. Unfortunately, GT Mobile is unable to prevent you from receiving these unwanted messages, unless you want to ban all text messaging. These companies have sophisticated ways of obtaining mobile phone numbers. One way to avoid SPAM is to be careful about what sites you give your mobile number to.
Why is there a flashing envelope on my mobile?
The flashing envelope indicates your text memory is full. This will usually prevent you from receiving more text messages until you have deleted a few old ones. You can delete messages from the Inbox, Sent or Draft folders to free-up some storage space. The number of messages you can store will vary from one handset to another.
Where can I buy GT Mobile?
GT Mobile SIM cards and top-up vouchers are available from many shops throughout the UK. Please use our online store locator to find the closest shop to you.
How do I make an international call with GT Mobile?
When it comes to making international calls, GT Mobile works in the same way as other mobiles or fixed line phones. Simply dial the number you need: 00 followed by your country code, then your area code and then the phone number and press the dialler button. Instead of a 00 you can also use a "+".
Please note that most premium voice and text services in other countries can not be reached from a mobile phone service when calling from outside that country.
How do I send a text message from UK to another country with GT Mobile
GT Mobile works in the same way as other mobiles when it comes to sending international text messages. Simply text 00 followed by your country code, then your area code and then the phone number and press the dialler button. Instead of a 00 you can also use a "+".
What mobile handsets can I use with GT Mobile?
The handset needs to be compatible with the internationally recognised GSM standards, adopted by all the major handset manufacturers. There are no other restrictions on the type of handset you can use with GT Mobile.
My handset seems to be locked
If your mobile phone screen shows any of the following when you first put your GT Mobile SIM in your phone: 'blocked', 'barred', 'incorrect SIM' or 'SP lock', your mobile may be locked to another network. There are a number of ways to unlock your phone - just call our customer services team on 0207 1320303 for expert advice.
Click here to find out our charges when you are calling us
I have not used my GT Mobile for a while and it has now stopped working. Why is this?
We automatically deactivate SIM cards if you do not use them to make a call or send a text for more than 80 days. Unfortunately these SIM cards cannot be reconnected and the mobile number also stops being available for you to use after this time.
My SIM card is lost/ stolen. How do I prevent someone else from using it?
Please contact customer services on 0207 1320303 as quickly as possible and one of our advisors will help you.
Can I send Premium SMS and make Premium Calls Using GT Mobile?
No we do not offer Premium SMS or Premium Calling as part of our product offering.
How much does it cost to access the voicemail?
- Your GT Mobile Voicemail service has been automatically activated.
- To access your voicemail from your GT Mobile in the UK dial 121 (or 91#). Calls to access the voicemail are absolutely free.
How do i activate roaming facility using GT Mobile?
- Roaming services are automated and they should work as soon as you travel abroad. In case, you are unable to access the same, kindly restart your phone and you should be able to use the services without any problem.
What is the Auto top-up and how does it work?
You can use your debit / credit card to automatically top your account up.
This means that when your account reaches a certain level - we will automatically top up your account with a pre agreed amount of money from your registered credit/debit card.
This saves you the problem of having to remember to top up and means that you never run out of credit or experience any unnecessary inconvenience.
How do i set up Auto top-up?
Auto top-up is is the best way to always stay connected to your friends and family without running out of credit.
To set up Auto top-up, you need to
- Log on to MY GT Mobile.
- Do a top-up using your debit or credit card.
While processing a payment, please select the Auto Top-up service and set the minimum level of credit you want on your phone at all times. You can also choose from £5, £10, or £20 for your top-up.
When your credit falls below your minimum level, your phone will automatically be topped-up.